Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Product for Peanut (and other food) Allergy Kids: FA Bracelet

Saw this today via Best Allergy Sites:

Allerbling!
"The best way to avoid food allergy emergencies is through awareness. As parents, we want our children to be safe. And when your child is in school, on playdates, in summer camp, or just hanging out at the playground, AllerblingTM can be your silent partner that informs and reminds others about your children's food allergic condition.
Until there's a cure... there's AllerblingTM, the new food allergy awareness bracelet."
These look adorable (and like something my tomboy daughter would actually wear). B just can't get behind wearing the MedicAlert bracelet I got her (but she'll tolerate the necklace). For $15 for the set (or you can buy the components separately if you only need one or two buttons*) it's worth a shot.

*Looks like they just have the top 8 allergens, but I'm betting that if enough folks email them about other foods they might just add them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect site. Great for summer our leather bracelet isn't ideal for hot summertime. I ordered mine today. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I also ordered one as I think it will be cute and funky! Thanks for letting us know about new items.

Anonymous said...

Update from my June 25th comment. I received my bracelet in the mail and we love it! My daughter thinks it is fun and others like how easily identifiable the allergens are.

Kate said...

Thanks for the tip -- I just ordered one yesterday! They look very cute, and I'm hoping to send my daughter off to preschool wearing this in the fall.
Their customer service rep told me that new charms will be available August 1, including the one that I want: sesame.