Monday, July 28, 2008

Keeping Your Child Safe When Visiting Pals

This article came across my search alerts this morning and I wanted to share it with you all. It talks about the questions to ask before your child has a playdate - and it includes some questions I hadn't thought of.

Asking Other Parents About Rules in Their Home
"(Playdates get) more challenging when they start to make friends on their own and you may not meet the parent until you're at their front door. What develops is the social awkwardness of trying to determine if a playdate will be safe for your child, without implying that the other parent is negligent."

A good read for a Monday morning.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad the media is writing about this.

If anyone is interested, I wrote a story about play dates and food allergies for Chicago Parent magazine called "Playing Safe." You can find the link at my site nut-freemom.blogspot.com or chicagoparent.com.