well, since it's 2008, i'm making a post new year's resolution to find a better way to keep these puppies safe and sound for bella.
so after searching, googling, and surfing the peanutallergy.com site, this is what I came up with (along with my notes, albeit brief, on each one). Some are plain carriers, some are insulated, and some are geared towards packs to keep at school or daycare:
- http://www.medicareplus.co.uk/acatalog/Anaphalaxis.html?gclid=CL6a_-KOi5ECFQU6awodM1RfGw - good variety, has packs for folks that need to carry and epi-pen and inhaler!
- http://www.bluebearaware.com/EpiPen_Twinject_Pouches_s/58.htm - not into the 'princess' one, but that race car one looks cute for boys!
- http://www.omaxcare.com/ - cool looking carriers for active people - check out the leg buddy!
- EpiAccess http://www.epiaccess.ca/en/single.htm- bright blue!
- EpiSafe http://www.medi-episafe.com/index.asp - simple holder - insulated
- AllergyKids http://www.allergykids.com/product.php?proid=11&sub_catid=- bright green!
- Ana-Tote http://www.allstarsales.ca/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d17.html - simple carrier - love the carabiner clip
- E-belt http://www.ebelt.ca/products.asp - waist and belt loop holders - good for boys
- Epinephrine mate https://www.foodallergy.org/shoppingcart/CGI-BIN/msascartlist.dll/ProductI nfo?productcd=EPIMATEWAIST - waist pack for two pens - not sure if it's insulated?
- https://www.foodallergy.org/shoppingcart/cgi-bin/msascartlist.dll/ProductInfo?productcd=EPIMATEBK - plastic holder for one pen - not sure if it's insulated?
- Medipouch http://www.medipouch.com/ - simple waistband style holder
- Allergypack http://www.allergypack.com/ - very rugged looking, good assortment of styles
- Safetysack http://www.safetysack.com/ - doesn't look like it's insulated, but looks good for school/daycare/caregivers to have
- Epipuppy http://www.epipuppy.com/ - a little too cutesie for me, but if your child loves dogs...
- @RiskRescue http://www.atriskrescue.com/kit.html - these look more suited to the school environment
- https://www.foodallergy.org/shoppingcart/cgi-bin/msascartlist.dll/ProductInfo?productcd=EPENPAL2 - a little more utilitarian, but good for a guy to carry
http://www.kozyepi.com/epipen/plain/index.htm - super cute, especially the mocha one (check it out at left).
http://allergyhaven.com/ - love the fabrics (check out the photo below), and best of all it looks like they are offering a 15% discount right now. Score!
since i'm the one carrying it (oh and mark too I guess), I want something cute (of course) that I can find easily in my purse or the messenger bag. keep in mind that even though these are my preferred carriers - it's just a personal preference, not a judgment of the others. these all look like they fit a need out there!
i'd love to hear from you all - have you used any of these? do you have a favorite? any other choices I didn't stumble across? spill, people!