Monday, February 21, 2011

Peanut Allergy Product Review: Enjoy Life Cookies!


I've been a HUGE fan of Enjoy Life - I probably go through a bag of their chocolate chips a month (if you're interested in the tastiest non dairy chocolate mousse you've ever had, leave me a comment!).  And you can be sure that any birthday party B attends, she's got a Choco-Boom bar with her just in case the dessert/snack is off limits. 


If you're not familiar with Enjoy Life, here's a bit about them:
"At Enjoy Life, our whole business is making smile-good foods that keep people’s insides happy. That’s why all of our foods are specially made to be gluten-free and free of the 8 most common allergens. Our goal is to make delicious products that just about everyone can EAT FREELY. We promise they’ll make you smile inside out!"
Most of their products are also free from: casein, sulfites, potatoes, and sesame.  How cool is that??

So when they asked if I would try out some of their new soft baked cookies it was a no brainer - of course I said yes!  Lo and  behold a few weeks later a box arrrived carrying three flavors for Miss B to review.

The first thing we noticed with each box was the overwhelming (in a GOOD way) smell of the main ingredient of each flavor.  When you opened the brownies, you smelled CHOCOLATE!  And with the snickerdoodles CINNAMON!  And the lemon cookies LEMON!  It wasn't just a sickly sweet smell (like you get with, say, Oreos).

So what did B think?

Double Chocolate Brownie
I thought for sure this would be B's favorite, but it wasn't.  It was MINE though.  This is a really satisfying, chocolatey, chewy cookie.  I plowed through the majority of these.  Even though I had no self control, I did like that the package was separated into little sections that contained 2 cookies each.  It gave me a little bit of hope that I would only eat 2 at a time (fat chance, though, they were too good)!

Don't get me wrong, B liked the chocolate, but her favorite was.....


Snickerdoodle!
These little cinnamony (is that a word?) gems were the definite favorite for B (which isn't a surprise since she LOVES the caramel apple bars they make - which also contain cinnamon).

Lively Lemon
The last ones we tried were the lemon.  I have to be honest, I'm not a HUGE fan of lemon cookies.  Give me a chocolate chip cookie over a lemon bar any day.  But I think these may have converted me.  I loved the little nuggets of lemony goodness in the cookies - so tasty!  Even B agreed.

So would we buy them for ourselves?  Absolutely!   Definitely a 3 out of 3!! And I'm not just saying that because they sent me 3 free boxes of their cookies (note: that was my disclaimer).  There are plenty of companies that send me products that are awful that I don't bother talking about on this site. 

Thanks, Enjoy Life, for giving us a chance to taste your soft-baked cookies - we're adding another Enjoy Life product to our list of favorites!

Gab

p.s. be sure to visit their site to download a coupon for 55 cents off a product!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love their cookies! To be honest, I couldn't pick a favorite. Enjoy Life is the best. :)

Alina said...

Thanks so much for the support!! Check out the 6 new products we've just introduced: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_foods/new_products.php

- Alina
Marketing Associate
Enjoy Life Foods

HannahsMomma said...

We love Enjoy Life too! Can't pick a favorite between Lemon and Snickerdoodle :)