Thursday, November 5, 2009

PF Mama's Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

We love us some Chocolate Chip cookies around these parts. Add oatmeal to the mix and we're in heaven!

I don't think I've posted the most awesome chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe in my arsenal (sounds painful, doesn't it)?

I found this recipe online and adjusted it for peanut allergy (meaning I replaced the nuts with coconut and used Enjoy Life Chips). These are so good (but I have a little problem with my addiction to coconut, so be forewarned).

I hope you like them too!

Here's my revised recipe:

QUICK AND EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

DRY INGREDIENTS:
1 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1 c. shredded unsweetened flaked coconut
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

LIQUID INGREDIENTS:
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 med. sized egg
1 tbsp. Half and Half (or milk)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Soften butter at room temperature (or in microwave) until very soft, but not melted.
3. Measure and place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, starting with the dry ingredients and finishing with the liquid ingredients on top.
4. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until dry ingredients are all completely moistened.
5. For easier handling, dough may be chilled for 20 minutes prior to shaping, but this is not necessary.
6. Form into walnut-sized balls (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon).
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes on top rack of oven.
9. Remove immediately from oven and place sheet on wire rack.
10. After 5 minutes, remove cookies from sheet with metal spatula and place directly on wire racks to finish cooling.

Cookies will be very soft when hot. They will break if removed from sheet immediately. Do not bake until firm or they will be hard when cooled.

note: this isn't an ad for Enjoy Life Chips. they didn't ask me to write about or mention them. i just really like the chips - they are a great substitute for other baking chips that aren't safe for B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you feel comfortable using hershey's baking chips? I heard they are safe for PA.
I am looking for safe, but conveniently located chips to use.

Gab said...

As long as there's no may contain or manufactured on warnings, I'd feel comfortable using them :) PFmama

Anonymous said...

thank you!