Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Make This Recipe & Impress Your Friends

Do you remember back in the late 80's and early 90's where you couldn't open a magazine or restaurant menu without seeing a recipe for chicken with 40 cloves of garlic?

You can't?

Well thanks for making me feel really old.

If you DO remember, then boy do I have a recipe for you.

Last week we had my mother in law over for her birthday dinner and made Ina Garten's Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic. It's tasty and only takes about an hour on the stove. Seriously, that includes browning AND cooking. Would I lie to you?

That's right. No roasting in the oven for 6 hours, no trussing chickens, no stuffing anything. And I used a cheap cut - chicken thighs. Oh, and my last hint - buy those prepeeled garlic cloves in a jar in the produce section and avoid the first step of the recipe. I don't have time to boil and peel garlic, do you?

It turned out so tasty, and the garlic wasn't as overpowering as you'd think. Sure it was a little stinky, but the flavor and ease of this recipe was enough for me (and everyone else) to overlook it. Serve it with some rice pilaf and a green salad and you're good to go.

This one's a keeper. And it could definitely be adjusted for various allergies (let me know if you try it).

You're welcome.