Monday, April 23, 2012

Peanut Allergy: Safe, Homemade Pancake Mix

B loooooooves pancakes.   So much so, that I was going through pancake mix REALLY fast.  


Every morning she gets three big pancakes (sometimes dotted with chocolate chips) , maple syrup, some fruit, her vitamin, and some milk or juice.  I love that she eats a good breakfast every day!


To save time in the morning, especially those days that I have to head in to my office (the rest of the week I work at home), I make things easier by whipping up the pancake batter the night before and keeping it in the fridge.


In the morning, I just heat up a pan, drop in some batter, and in about 3 minutes - voila!  Pancakes!


But back to that mix....I created my own pancake mix using a few easy pantry staples and thought I'd share it with you guys.  My secret ingredient is rolled oats.  Makes them nice and hearty (but not heavy, I promise!).  And this is super budget friendly.


PFM's Pancake Mix


Mix well, in an airtight container:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled oats, pulverized in the food processor
3 T baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 T plus 2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon


To make the batter:
Take 1 cup of the pancake mix and put it in a bowl.  Add 1 egg and 1 cup of milk. Mix well.  Note: Sometimes I add a 1/4 tsp of vanilla (if I remember).


Now you're ready to make your pancakes!  


----------------------------------------------------------


Hope you guys enjoy these just as much as B does!

No comments: