Monday, October 4, 2010

Product Review: Ian's Natural Frozen Foods

A few months back, Ian's Natural Foods sent me some products to try.

And I posted a review on this site.

Or at least I thought I did.  But, for some reason, it never posted.  So here, without further ado, is my review.

Many thanks to Ian's for providing me with free samples of these products to review on the site!

----------------------------

I was lucky to be the recipient of a sampling of Ian's Natural Foods newest gluten free, allergen free frozen products.  These included:
  • Chicken Tenders
  • Maple Sausage Egg Wafflewichs
  • Cheesy French Bread Pizza
At first, I was a bit hesitant to try them.  Mainly because whenever I see Gluten Free listed on a label, we usually can't have it because it still has nuts in it.  That has actually happened a lot with well meaning family and friends.  They pick up a cake mix they assume is safe because it says Gluten Free, not knowing that many of these foods use Almond flour instead of white flour or have nuts in some form or another. 

Anyhoo, back to the review.  I went on the Ian's site to check out each product - they have a nifty allegen tool - all safe for us! 


So we dug in.

The first thing we tried were the chicken nuggets.  You know how chicken nuggets are usually chicken paste molded into a nugget shape?  Fuggedaboutit!  These were the real deal -  sweet, crispy, and REAL chicken (you can tell because when you tear them in half they shred just like a regular chicken breast does).  B gobbled these up!

Next up?  The wafflewich.  OMG these were awesome and my favorite.  I mean, what's not to love about a waffle sandwich, right?  But these were perfect - crispy but soft inside waffle, tasty meat, fluffy eggs and the smell in my kitchen was heavenly.  I used my toaster oven to heat it up and it worked like a dream.  I plated it by cutting it in half and serving it with some warm syrup.  Oh baby! If I was a real food blogger I would have taken a photo - but honestly i gobbled it up too fast anyway :)

And last but certainly NOT least are the french bread pizzas.  I have to admit that I was pretty hesitant about these, mainly because it has soy cheese. But I'm eating my words, because these were great too! They reminded me of coming home after school when I was a kid and heating up a Stouffer's french bread pizza as an afternoon snack.  So good and Melty! We were seriously fighting over them in my house.

Final Thoughts
I would honestly say I would buy these again for B (and me and the hubs) to enjoy.  If you are looking for Gluten Free/Wheat Free options for your allergic child, look no further than Ian's Natural Foods Allergen Free Line!  If my picky eater is any indication, your child is sure to love these too!


Full Disclosure:  Ian's Natural Foods provided me with free samples of these products to review.  I was not compensated in any additional ways nor was I asked to write only a positive review. 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks so much for the review! Not only is my son peanut allergic, but we recently found out he's also allergic to milk, wheat and eggs as well. I'm still trying to figure out what to feed him. I will definitely give Ian's products a try!