Monday, November 17, 2008

Totally Unrelated to Peanut Allergy

This whole write each day for 30 days thing is rather hard. And I know I am supposed to write about Peanut Allergy on this site, but....

I had to tell you about something we did yesterday.

If you have kids, and cable, you'll have likely seen a guy named Justin Roberts on Noggin. He sings that song "Willie Was a Whale". Not ringing a bell? Here's his latest video:



Anyways, I'm on a home school email list and they sent an announcement last week that Justin would be performing on the 16th at Foothill College, just a short drive down the road for us. So off we went and we had a blast!

We didn't really know much of his music, but it didn't matter. His band is really tight and they put on a great show for kids and adults alike. And there was the cutest little preschool set moshpit down front. B didn't know what to make of it, but she seemed to enjoy herself.

But the BEST part was that after the show we were walking out a side entrance, debating whether or not to make a pit stop before we got in the car. I turn around and who comes walking towards me but Justin Roberts himself! It was awesome! Mark and I chatted with him for a while and he was really nice and very sweet to B, who wedged herself behind me and played shy. She was absolutely beside herself and I don't think her smile could have been any bigger.

All because of a random email I got from a homeschool list I'm on (even though I don't homeschool). Life's funny that way huh?

Anyways, if he's coming to a city near you, I highly recommend you go see him. It's much nicer to hear his music now, knowing how kind he was to little B.

OK, back to Peanut Allergy tomorrow - I promise.

1 comment:

Keri Fadden said...

I love Justin Roberts. My husband bought his "Way Out" CD a few years ago and we have enjoyed. Thanks for the post, I hope he is heading this way!