Monday, May 12, 2008

The One Where I Come Back and Talk About the Isolation I'm Going Through

Hi Everyone,

First of all, sorry for my absence. Between work, illness, and family, I've just been plain overwhelmed.

Have you guys ever been in one of those funks where you just feel like you're in the movie Groundhog Day? I've been feeling a lot like that lately. I feel like I've been sick forever (I'm at the tail end of it, but yes I am still congested!) and all I do is wake up, get Bella ready for school, go to work, pick up Bella, come home, cook dinner, do chores, run her bath, etc., etc. I don't know how I am going to get out of this funk, but it better be soon.

I'm going a little crazy people :)

My mother's day was ok (not bad, not great), but now Mark is getting a cold and we ALL know how men are with colds (sorry if I am being sexist here). I could cry thinking about all the 'taking care' of him I'm going to have to do. Sigh...

Oh wait, isn't this a peanut allergy blog? Oh yeah.

On the allergy front, two things for today:

1. This week marks the 11th Annual Food Allergy Awareness Week. I'm not suggesting you hold a seminar to educate everyone you know about food allergies, but how about talking to a fellow parent that has a child with a food allergy different than your child's? You can't expect other's to be super vigilant and aware of your child's allergies if you don't make the effort for their situation. Better yet, how about supporting FAAN and their efforts? Even though they are a big organization, they can always use our help.

2. No news about Bella's RAST results. You bet your life that I will be online pronto once I hear from her doctor. I have been trying visualization exercises to imagine what the doctor will say (and what I want him to say). What is it they say about wishful thinking? Maybe all this projecting will come true. Some of you are probably rolling your eyes, but I live in California and used to go to Grateful Dead shows, so I'm bound to get a little hippie-dippie on ya.

Well, off to bed, but I'll be back again soon with better content.

Oh, actually, here's something good: I made this yogurt cake over the weekend and it was spectacular. Sadly, it's not gluten, dairy, or egg free, but by the looks of it, this recipe would work well with substitutions. And if your kids like to cook with you, this is the perfect recipe - you use the empty yogurt tub to measure the rest of the ingredients. So yummy and easy!

No comments: