Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm Back. Random Facts, Surveys, and Bracelets

I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted - shame on me!

There's been lots going on at Casa Peanut Free lately. Bella's third birthday is coming up next month, so we've been whipping the yard into shape. Mark and I took the last week off for a night in the San Francisco and some hard work around here. You can check my other blog for a post about the house soon.

So enough excuses, let's get on to more interesting business....

Allergic Girl tagged me for a meme a few weeks back. Here goes. Drumroll please...

Top 8 Random Facts MeMe

Here are the rules:

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

Eight totally random facts:

1. I'm a published author (well sort of). My first knitting pattern was published online and in two books!

2. Mark and I eloped!

3. I'm one of those people that sings while they do chores. No, not regular songs, I'm one of those people who sings about bringing home the bacon and frying it up in a pan while I'm frying it up. It drives my husband crazy and now Bella has reached the point where she says, "Mommy, don't sing!".

4. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't push their chairs in when they leave the table.

5. My dream job would be to open a small housewares store - but someone already beat me to it in my town.

6. I'm a snooze button addict. I hit it at least 4 times before I wake up.

7. Although I love to sleep at night, I am unable to nap during the day. Even when I was so blindingly tired from just giving birth, having a newborn, etc. I couldn't do it. Still can't. I wouldn't do well in Spain.

8. I have the blackest thumb in the universe. Need to kill a plant? Send it my way. This doesn't, however, stop me from trying every year to start a real garden. I'll just live vicariously through this site. Miracles may happen though - one day I may have a great back yard full of lush greenery!

Well, wasn't that a letdown? I'm tagging the following folks for the next round:
1. Amanda
2. Shanny
(more to come)

---

Allergy Free Passport
I go to lots of site regarding food allergies (maybe that's fact #9?). And I hit the discussion boards on peanutallergy.com. So I'm not sure where I ran across this survey. If you have a minute, check it out and submit your answers. They've extended the survey to September 30th. Here's what it's about:

Your Allergen-Free Experiences: A Global Survey
Help businesses to understand and learn from your allergen-free experiences when eating out from a guest perspective! Your first hand insights will drive change globally. With guests, hospitality professionals and communities working together, food allergies, celiac/coeliac and special diets can become universally understood and supported everywhere!


---

MedicAlert Registration
So I just registered Bella with MedicAlert. I hope we never have to use it! I ended up buying a couple of the shoe tags and a bracelet. Bella's really small though. Being the crafty bugger I am, I thought I would make her a special necklace or something from the tag on the bracelet. Have any of you done this? It doesn't look too difficult. I'll noodle on it and post my experiments. Beyond that, do any of you have trouble keeping these on your child?

2 comments:

allergicmom said...

I got a bunch of customized rubber bracelets for my son's list of allergies. The bonus was that it also has our telephone numbers on the flip side, in case we ever lose him in a crowded place.

And it looks like the fundraising bracelets that everyone's wearing, so he just keeps his on his wrist, all day and night. (Well, he does take it off at bathtime.)

Allergic Girl said...

thanks for the doing the meme--funny facts. sorry you cant nap, napping is one of life's pleasures, hee, well only if you like to of course. and yeah spain, the country shuts down post lunch. same with italy, stores close, everyone just chills. it's kinda great...only if you like the nap though. ah well.

happy almost bday to bella!